Re: [tor-talk] Review request: TorVM implementation in Qubes OS

adrelanos:

>>> What is the motivation behind it?
>> There is no good reason I can think of yet, I'm just concerened a
>> user misunderstanding what a TorVM does (provides torified
>> networking to other AppVms), and opening firefox on it or
>> something.
>
> I see. Not sure, if possible, but could you remove all such
> unnecessary applications? Maybe make it very clear as desktop
> background or automatically opening text file?
>
> Whonix as a optional configuration "Hide the fact that you are using
> Tor/Whonix". [2] Not sure if the TorVM use can be easily hidden. Users
> would have to download the templates over Tor.

This might sound like a less important thing, but I don't think so.

I except people living in censored areas will not be able to download
TorVM rpm's or to download required software (Tor, Vidalia maybe) in the
clear. (That's probable one point where the VM image distribution method
has an advantage.)