Re: [tor-talk] still unable to reach StartPage or Ixquick

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 05:18:17PM -0500, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> Haven't been able to reach StartPage or Ixquick sites or do search
> for a week or more, in TBB 2.3.25-12.  Can't even reach their home
> pages through another search engine, like Google or Yahoo.
>
> ** Are others able to access these 2 search engines in the *same TBB
> version* as I'm using?  If so, maybe I need to re-extract the TBB
> files & start over.
>
> TBB has been closed / restarted many times since problem began.

Tor 0.2.3.x is not so fun to use these days:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/how-to-handle-millions-new-tor-clients

I recommend trying the TBB 3.0a4 (assuming you're not on Win XP and you
don't need pluggable transports):
https://blog.torproject.org/category/tags/tbb-30

We'll hopefully declare Tor 0.2.4.x stable real soon now. We keep getting
distracted though. Soon I hope! :)

--Roger