Re: [tor-talk] More Questions

On 10/8/2013 4:45 PM, sam wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 16:34:19 -0500
> Crypto <crypto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Here ya go!
>>
>> Oct 08 16:02:01.769 [Notice] Bootstrapped 100%: Done.
>> Oct 08 16:02:01.769 [Notice] Now checking whether ORPort
>> 184.75.214.178:21357 and DirPort 184.75.214.178:9030 are reachable...
>> (this may take up to 20 minutes -- look for log messages indicating
>> success) Oct 08 16:02:04.644 [Notice] Self-testing indicates your
>> ORPort is reachable from the outside. Excellent. Publishing server
>> descriptor. Oct 08 16:02:13.379 [Notice] Performing bandwidth
>> self-test...done.
>

> Woo-hoo! Check out https://atlas.torproject.org/. Search for your
> relay's Nickname (if you set one) or the fingerprint/IP and you will be
> given its statistics, flags, etc. It's great. Beware, it may take some
> hours to update.
>

>> So if I can live without Dirport then I guess I have an exit node!
>>

> Awesome. Thank you. :)

And another nicety is that I can change the exit node on a whim. All I
need to do is select a different forwarding VPN and point there. Right
now I have it set for Toronto Canada because they have the best
published bandwidth. But I can make my node report that it is in Romania
if needed. :)

--
Crypto

nails, pellets, knives, shoes, underwear, milk, socks,
hair, toenails, masturbation, gasoline, cooking oil,
mayonnaise, bananas, Obama, Clinton, EFF, NSA, FBI,
PGP, USA, pressure cooker, marathon, fertilizer

Keywords are not necessarily in order of importance