Re: [tor-talk] Tor Weekly News â October 9th, 2013

On Wed, 2013-10-09 at 18:51 +0000, harmony01@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > On 10/9/2013 10:27 AM, Lunar wrote:
> >> ========================================================================
> >> Tor Weekly News                                        October 9th, 2013
> >> ========================================================================
> >>
> >> Welcome to the fifteenth issue of Tor Weekly News, the weekly newsletter
> >> that covers what's happening in the world of Tor â âking of high-secure,
> >> low-latency anonymityâ [1].
> >>
> >>     [1]
> >> http://www.theguardian.com/world/interactive/2013/oct/04/tor-high-secure-internet-anonymity
> >>
> >> New tranche of NSA/GCHQ Tor documents released
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >>
> >> ... a series of stories were published
> >> in the Guardian and the Washington Post that detailed alleged attempts
> >> by NSA, GCHQ, and their allies to defeat or circumvent the protection
> >> that Tor offers its users. ...
> >>
> >> The documents in question [3] offer,... a summary of
> >> attacks against Tor users and the network as a whole that they have
> >> considered or carried out.
> >>
> > I'm sure Tor developers have considered the real possibility that some
> > or all of what different agencies release, about their capabilities &
> > successes (or lack of) against Tor - or anything else, is
> > misinformation, designed to make the Tor Project AND  users more
> > comfortable in continuing to use TBB.
> >
> > Logically, if any agency or adversary divulged they can somewhat
> > successfully track users or "infiltrate the system," then most would
> > stop using it and a valuable method to gather information or catch
> > "criminals" would cease to exist.  Good poker players and gov'ts NEVER
> > reveal their hands.
> >
> > I wouldn't take seriously anything that ANY gov't publicly reveals about
> > their technology or intelligence capability (or lack there or).  Over a
> > long history, it's been repeatedly shown that advanced gov'ts always
> > know more & have more technology capability, than is revealed.  That is,
> > often until decades later, when the real truth comes out.  It's no
> > different now.
>
> So to be clear, your position is that Edward Snowden is still loyal to
> NSA, and is releasing misinformation according to a plan of their own
> design?
>
> It's perfectly true that they may have capabilities beyond those described
> in the leaked documents, as I think at least one of Roger's responses
> highlighted...

Time has passed between the dates on leaked docs and today and they
didn't stop working. Nonetheless, the fact that they are targeting
browser exploits leads to think that they at some point decided that it
would be more feasible to do that than tweaking tor itself. It was a
clear victory to tor network, you may now smile at the screen for some
minutes and then resume to work. cuz they won't stop, they were
programed to do it, they cannot avoid.

--
Do not forget that we are cattle on an animal farm which is managed and
handled mostly by machines. Machines do what they are/were told to. What

GPG: 0x48BE63E6