Re: [tor-talk] TBB and tor-relays as a bitcoin wallets

On 10/22/2013 08:40 AM, Trigger Happy wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just an idea. In theory : is it possible to implement bitcoin wallet
> into tor-relay and TBB 1) ? TBB users could tip tor-relays (f.e. 1
> satoshi for guard and middle relay,  3 satoshi for exit-node per
> circuit). Running tor-relays could be profitable or at least cheaper.
>
> 1).I think Cody Wilson is working on a bitcoin wallet in a browser.

For using Bitcoins via Tor, the best option that I know is the Multibit
wallet in Whonix. Multibit doesn't download the (many GB) blockchain,
which reduces both Tor network load and user frustration. And yet
Multibit is a local client, not subject to third-party failure.

If Tor relay operators want Bitcoin tips, they can figure out some way
to do that without Tor Project blessing. Unless and until Bitcoin, or
some derivative thereof, is by default anonymous, the idea of
incorporating them in Tor is absurd.

I know of three reliable Bitcoin mixing services: 1) BitLaundry
<http://app.bitlaundry.com/>, 2) Bitcoin Fog
<http://fogcore5n3ov3tui.onion>, and 3) OnionBC
<http://6fgd4togcynxyclb.onion/>. After mixing, it's crucial to check
the final receiving wallet for taint from previous wallets in your
mixing chain at Blockchain <https://blockchain.info/>.