Re: [tor-talk] New to list and questions about exit nodes

On 10/25/2013 06:40 AM, DeveloperChris wrote:
> I thought the best way to help Tor (nod to Eugen) was to become an
> exit node.

  Most people who run an exit node pay a hosting provider to run the
exit off of their server.  Check out TorServers for an overview of which
companies and collectives will allow you to run an exit node from their
service: http://torservers.net/

  Other people have found success in convincing their university or
non-profit to run an exit node.

  If this is your first time helping the Tor network, I'd *highly*
recommend running a middle relay rather than getting bogged down in
running an exit.  Running a middle relay is easy and will help the
overall network quite a bit.

good luck,
Griffin

--
"Cypherpunks write code not flame wars." --Jurre van Bergen
#Foucault / PGP: 0xAE792C97 / OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

My posts are my own, not my employer's.