Re: [tor-talk] New to list and questions about exit nodes

DeveloperChris:
> Does it aid the Tor project to have more relays, or is there enough of them?

There will never be enough. See âFix 4: We need to make the network
biggerâ in Roger's last blog post about the current issues with
guards:
<https://blog.torproject.org/blog/improving-tors-anonymity-changing-guard-parameters>

> How does the Tor project increase the number of exit nodes?

The Tor project encourages people to run relays and exit nodes.

> How does the Tor project deal with potential liabilities arising from
> running exit nodes?

The Tor Project does not run the Tor network. So it is no liable for
running exit nodes, as it does not run any exit nodes. But we try to
provide as much support as we can to the community of volunteers running
relays and exit nodes.

For tips on how to run an exit node, the following advices are still
relevant: <https://blog.torproject.org/running-exit-node>

Moritz Bartl drew on his experience with Zwiebelfreunde e.V. on how to
setup a non-profit to run exit nodes:
<https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2012-July/001391.html>

And there's quite a bunch of such organizations nowadays, and hopefully
more coming:
<https://www.torservers.net/partners.html>

One way to contribute is to donate time or money to help these
organizations so they can run more or bigger exit relays.

> I assume when you say 'bridge' you mean not an entry or exit node
> (thus invisible).

Bridges are not listed publicly. See Tor's website for more details:
<https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges.html>

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>