Re: [tor-talk] Social Research on TOR in Turkey during March2014

On 10/15/2014 12:39 PM, Derric Atzrott wrote:
>> Do not blindly add keys just by searching the name. Wait for the
>> original author to at least verify using e-mail, or his web address.
>
> Even better would be to use the Web of Trust, but I don't think
> I've ever actually seen someone do that...  too few people going
> to keysigning parties I guess.
>
> Thank you,
> Derric Atzrott

"Web of Trust" is problematic for those who chose pseudonymity. Over the
years, I've come to trust several pseudonyms based on interactions via
discussion forums and email, signed documents and software, apparent
integrity, and so on. Nobody except me knows mirimir's true name, but
everyone can judge me by what I've said and done.

Purists want DNA swaps these days, I guess ;)