[tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.1.3 released - Our fourth beta release!

Greetings from Berlin!

TorBirdy 0.1.3 is now out; we think it is the the best release so far
and we encourage you to upgrade.

This release is the fourth in our beta series.

It's still experimental - of course. Use at your own risk and
especially if you're using it with Enigmail and GnuPG without a
local[0] HTTP proxy.

We've continued with updating the web page to show some TorBirdy screen shots:

 https://github.com/ioerror/torbirdy/wiki/Screen-shots

Call for help:

We're looking for assistance with Translations - if you'd like to
translate TorBirdy, we'd gladly accept a patch that prepares TorBirdy
for translation work. We now have an amazing number of translations!
Even if you can't help translate, we'd love to know what languages
matter to you or your friends - please let us know?

We're especially looking for translations of TorBirdy into Persian -
if you'd like to help us translate, please contact us! Please note
that this will likely also require you to translate Thunderbird into
Persian as well.

Release Highlights:

0.1.3, 23 Oct 2014
  * The default keyserver (hidden service) has been updated:
    - hkp://qdigse2yzvuglcix.onion
  * Show the Sender header in message pane (closes #10226)
  * Draft messages on IMAP accounts are now saved locally (closes #10309)
  * Restore preferences to the user's own defaults instead of Thunderbird's
    (closes #10588)
  * network.proxy.no_proxies_on is no longer set to "localhost, 127.0.0.1"
    (thanks to Carsten N.)
  * Disable automatic downloading of new messages for POP3 accounts
    (closes #11188)
  * Update the reply_header author behaviour (closes #13480)
  * TorBirdy is now available in 31 languages:
    * Arabic
    * Catalan
    * Czech
    * Danish
    * German
    * Greek
    * English (US)
    * English (Great Britain)
    * Spanish
    * Basque
    * French
    * Hebrew
    * Hungarian
    * Indonesian
    * Italian
    * Korean
    * Latvian
    * Norwegian BokmÃl
    * Norwegian Nynorsk
    * Punjabi
    * Polish
    * Portuguese
    * Portuguese (Brazil)
    * Romanian
    * Russian
    * Slovak
    * Slovenian
    * Serbian
    * Swedish
    * Turkish
    * Ukrainian

General content anonymity caution note:

TorBirdy has known leaks in the Message-ID and in the Date header, we're
working on merging an upstream patch that will allow these leaks to be
closed. There are no known proxy leaks unless you use additional
extensions that do not respect the proxy settings of Thunderbird. If you
use GnuPG and Enigmail, we encourage you to use it with a local HTTP
proxy due to the issues mentioned[0] regarding GnuPG.

Here's the wiki page for TorBirdy:

  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/torbirdy

Here's the latest XPI for TorBirdy:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi

Here is a proper GPG signature for the latest XPI:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi.asc

Here is the sha1sum of torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi:

  ccf48206179684d7608c5476f154a696628f9853

Here is the sha256sum of torbirdy-0.1.3.xpi:

  a3cccf11295e07dd6d6bbe2ef66d6da01d76bed857b7c443547881db8e4264e8

The GnuPG signature that signed this email is also the same key that
signs the TorBirdy releases. To learn more about signature verification
of Tor Project related software such as TorBirdy please visit this page:

  https://www.torproject.org/docs/verifying-signatures.html

The plugin on AMO has been preliminarily reviewed and we are still in
the review process. It is again possible (Hooray!) to install TorBirdy
directly from Thunderbird or by downloading the extension in a web
browser from Mozilla's website:

  https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/torbirdy/

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/downloads/file/232997/torbirdy-0.1.3-tb.xpi

We believe that users who installed previous versions from Mozilla's
addons site should receive this update automatically. It may take some
time before Mozilla approves this update but it should eventually show
up as an available update.

We now upload a full XPI and GnuPG signature for every new release to
the Tor Project's web servers:

  https://www.torproject.org/dist/torbirdy/

This information is also available on the Tor blog:

  https://blog.torproject.org/blog/torbirdy-013-our-fourth-beta-release

Packages for Debian GNU/Linux will be created and uploaded shortly.

All the best,
Jacob

[0] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/2846