Re: [tor-talk] Bitcoin over Tor isnât a good idea (Alex Biryukov / Ivan Pustogarov story)

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 08:31:14AM +0100, Öyvind Saether wrote:
> > How it affect innocent bitcoin users with tainted bitcoins? Bitcoins
> > come back to user' wallets?
>
> Do not worry about "tained coins" or likely-US-government-agent Mike
> Hearn (who I, just for the record, view as a total doucebag).
>
> All Bitcoins are equal or BTC is a worthless currency. Imagine going
> into a store with a $1000 bill and being told that you can not pay with
> it because someone used it to snort cocaine at some point (90% of those
> in circulation really do have traces of cocaine on them). Would you
> trust the USD, accept it or use it after such an experience?
>
> If those "tained coins" coins advocates get that idiotic idea into
> Bitcoin when you'll see BTC at $0.01 within days and some altcoin will
> take it's place.

I absolutely agree with your point. But I more worry about what will
happen with bitcoins sending through such nodes. If I understand
correctly bitcoin protocol/net (but I have very superficial knowledge about
it), bitcoins in such case should return to sender's wallet after a
while.