Re: [tor-talk] A little more hostility towards Tor from Twitter

Hi Alec,Have you shown that link to the Twitter devs you know? ÂIf so, what steps did they take in response to make Twitter more amenable to Tor?

-Jonathan

  On Wednesday, October 28, 2015 2:21 AM, Alec Muffett <alecm@xxxxxx> wrote:

 > On Oct 27, 2015, at 9:31 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Anyone know how Snowden posts to Twitter? Does he use Tor?
> If someone could convince him and/or other celebrities to complain that
> Twitter is denying them location anonymity, then that might make a difference.
> There's some leverage here, too, because, "even Facebook let's you use
> Tor if you wanna. #gimmesomeprivacy". I bet it wouldn't take that many
> tweets before they provide an onion addy of their own.

That is certainly one approach; I would suggest a different one:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/alec-muffett/how-to-get-a-company-or-organisation-to-implement-an-onion-site-ie-a-tor-hidden-/10153762090530962 <https://www.facebook.com/notes/alec-muffett/how-to-get-a-company-or-organisation-to-implement-an-onion-site-ie-a-tor-hidden-/10153762090530962>

Iâve met and know many folk from Twitter, and I like them all.

Twitter is going through change at the moment, and I feel that as a company they will be more responsive to encouragement than a harangue.

  -a