Re: [tor-talk] A little more hostility towards Tor from Twitter

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 9:31 PM, Jonathan Wilkes <jancsika@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Anyone know how Snowden posts to Twitter?  Does he use Tor?
> If someone could convince him and/or other celebrities to complain that
> Twitter is denying them location anonymity, then that might make a difference.
> There's some leverage here, too, because, "even Facebook let's you use
> Tor if you wanna. #gimmesomeprivacy".  I bet it wouldn't take that many
> tweets before they provide an onion addy of their own.

That is certainly one approach; I would suggest a different one:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/alec-muffett/how-to-get-a-company-or-organisation-to-implement-an-onion-site-ie-a-tor-hidden-/10153762090530962 <https://www.facebook.com/notes/alec-muffett/how-to-get-a-company-or-organisation-to-implement-an-onion-site-ie-a-tor-hidden-/10153762090530962>

Iâve met and know many folk from Twitter, and I like them all.

Twitter is going through change at the moment, and I feel that as a company they will be more responsive to encouragement than a harangue.

    -a