Re: [tor-talk] Does the Tor DNS transparent proxy code use clients nameservers?

I don't know what this thing is that you're referring to as a
"torport" and what kind of behavior you expect from it.  But maybe you
could try what the tor documentation refers to as the DNSPort

from https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-manual.html.en

DNSPort [address:]port|auto [isolation flags]

If non-zero, open this port to listen for UDP DNS requests, and
resolve them anonymously. This port only handles A, AAAA, and PTR
requests---it doesn’t handle arbitrary DNS request types. Set the port
to "auto" to have Tor pick a port for you. This directive can be
specified multiple times to bind to multiple addresses/ports. See
SocksPort for an explanation of isolation flags. (Default: 0)