[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-talk] New alpha release: 0.3.2.3-alpha
There's a fun new alpha you can run and look for bugs in! Because it's an
alpha, you should only run it if you're ready to find more bugs than usual,
and report them on trac.torproject.org.
The source code is available from the usual place on www.torproject.org ;
if you build Tor from source, why not give it a try? And if you don't
build Tor from source, packages should be ready over the coming days, with
a Tor Browser alpha release likely by some time in November.
(There were also new stable releases a few days ago, but they get announced
on the nice low-volume tor-announcements mailing list.)
Here's what's new since 0.3.2.2-alpha!
Changes in version 0.3.2.3-alpha - 2017-10-27
Tor 0.3.2.3-alpha is the third release in the 0.3.2 series. It fixes
numerous small bugs in earlier versions of 0.3.2.x, and adds a new
directory authority, Bastet.
o Directory authority changes:
- Add "Bastet" as a ninth directory authority to the default list.
Closes ticket 23910.
- The directory authority "Longclaw" has changed its IP address.
Closes ticket 23592.
o Minor features (bridge):
- Bridge relays can now set the BridgeDistribution config option to
add a "bridge-distribution-request" line to their bridge
descriptor, which tells BridgeDB how they'd like their bridge
address to be given out. (Note that as of Oct 2017, BridgeDB does
not yet implement this feature.) As a side benefit, this feature
provides a way to distinguish bridge descriptors from non-bridge
descriptors. Implements tickets 18329.
o Minor features (client, entry guards):
- Improve log messages when missing descriptors for primary guards.
Resolves ticket 23670.
o Minor features (geoip):
- Update geoip and geoip6 to the October 4 2017 Maxmind GeoLite2
o Minor bugfixes (bridge):
- Overwrite the bridge address earlier in the process of retrieving
its descriptor, to make sure we reach it on the configured
address. Fixes bug 20532; bugfix on 0.2.0.10-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (documentation):
- Document better how to read gcov, and what our gcov postprocessing
scripts do. Fixes bug 23739; bugfix on 0.2.9.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (entry guards):
- Tor now updates its guard state when it reads a consensus
regardless of whether it's missing descriptors. That makes tor use
its primary guards to fetch descriptors in some edge cases where
it would previously have used fallback directories. Fixes bug
23862; bugfix on 0.3.0.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (hidden service client):
- When handling multiple SOCKS request for the same .onion address,
only fetch the service descriptor once.
- When a descriptor fetch fails with a non-recoverable error, close
all pending SOCKS requests for that .onion. Fixes bug 23653;
bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (hidden service):
- Always regenerate missing hidden service public key files. Prior
to this, if the public key was deleted from disk, it wouldn't get
recreated. Fixes bug 23748; bugfix on 0.3.2.2-alpha. Patch
- Make sure that we have a usable ed25519 key when the intro point
relay supports ed25519 link authentication. Fixes bug 24002;
bugfix on 0.3.2.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (hidden service, v2):
- When reloading configured hidden services, copy all information
from the old service object. Previously, some data was omitted,
causing delays in descriptor upload, and other bugs. Fixes bug
23790; bugfix on 0.2.1.9-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (memory safety, defensive programming):
- Clear the target address when node_get_prim_orport() returns
early. Fixes bug 23874; bugfix on 0.2.8.2-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (relay):
- Avoid a BUG warning when receiving a dubious CREATE cell while an
option transition is in progress. Fixes bug 23952; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (testing):
- Adjust the GitLab CI configuration to more closely match that of
Travis CI. Fixes bug 23757; bugfix on 0.3.2.2-alpha.
- Prevent scripts/test/coverage from attempting to move gcov output
to the root directory. Fixes bug 23741; bugfix on 0.2.5.1-alpha.
- When running unit tests as root, skip a test that would fail
because it expects a permissions error. This affects some
continuous integration setups. Fixes bug 23758; bugfix
- Stop unconditionally mirroring the tor repository in GitLab CI.
This prevented developers from enabling GitLab CI on master. Fixes
bug 23755; bugfix on 0.3.2.2-alpha.
- Fix the hidden service v3 descriptor decoding fuzzing to use the
latest decoding API correctly. Fixes bug 21509; bugfix
o Minor bugfixes (warnings):
- When we get an HTTP request on a SOCKS port, tell the user about
the new HTTPTunnelPort option. Previously, we would give a "Tor is
not an HTTP Proxy" message, which stopped being true when
HTTPTunnelPort was introduced. Fixes bug 23678; bugfix
tor-talk mailing list - tor-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe or change other settings go to