Re: [tor-talk] Need a stable .onion address hosted by the Tor project.

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 9:31 AM, Rob van der Hoeven
<robvanderhoeven@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-10-25 at 13:18 +0000, nusenu wrote:
>> > Some examples:
>> >
>> >     myprogram firefox https://check.torproject.org
>> >     myprogram chromium expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion
>> >     myprogram -t w3m expyuzz4wqqyqhjn.onion
>> >     myprogram -t git clone http://dccbbv6cooddgcrq.onion/tor.git
>> >     myprogram bash
>>
>> sounds like what torsocks does
>
> Correct, but my program uses KERNEL MAGIC! It does not need to inject a
> DLL. It's much simpler than torsocks, and I expect it to be compatible
> with more (all?) TCP programs.

Yes myprogram could be simple as sudo to some user, execute
the remaining args, and kernel redirect whatever those uid / tags
into transproxy tor. And yes is even compatible with non
LD_PRELOADable static compiled, or even maybe some setuid
or capability hardened situations.
But it's really not seem a very robust way, with many gotchas.
If critical, do it right... run everything behind an independant catchall
redirecting transproxy packet filter.

A simple test free of public user load, but still subject
to seven hops and clearnet, is run your own private onion
on the same box.