Re: [tor-talk] Does Facebook .onion work?

On Mon, Oct 15, 2018 at 09:35:12PM -0000, bobby999@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Has anyone successfully created an account using the .onion address?

I have succesfully created fake accounts using the .onion address before,
however the last time was already a few months ago. Maybe they changed
something since then. I still needed to enter an email address and a phone
number though.

Nonetheless: Facebook is a direct enemy to your privacy and will put effort
into deanonymizing you. They see their onion services just as a way for Tor
users to connect to them. Many of these users have no choice but to use Tor,
like those ones living in a country where Facebook is censored. For this
scenario, having the user connect via the onion address is just beneficial for
the security of the data you send to them in terms of third parties surveiling
you. They have absolutely no interest in your privacy being protected from
Facebook, though. Quite the opposite, in fact.
--
OpenPGP Key: 47BC7DE83D462E8BED18AA861224DBD299A4F5F3
             https://www.parckwart.de/pgp_key