Open Proxy Monitors

On some IRC channels, being anonymous via an open proxy will
cause "you" to get banned.  Since Tor is in large part a
SOCKS proxy, I could envision someone to extend the existing
open proxy monitors to search for ORs (or more simply download
the list of routers from the directory server) and ban those.

Once that happens, does this mean Tor will no longer be useable
to IRC? and more generally, to any other target that bans the
use of open proxies?  I don't see anything in the design that
would prevent this from happening.