Re: Wanted: Brave, hacker, exit node operator

Adam Langley wrote:
> It would be cool if someone could test some patches I have for doing
> DNS lookups without fork() workers and using glibc. I'd need:
>   * An exit node operator (because otherwise they don't do DNS lookups)
>   * running Linux
>   * who knows their way around patching CVS trees etc
>
> The patch is at http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/tor-cvs-eventdns.agl.patch
> and you need to drop the following two files into src/or/:
> http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/eventdns.c
> http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/eventdns.h
>
> The patch applies against the CVS tree at the moment. You need to
> rerun autogen.sh afterwards and run ./configure --enable-eventdns.

If anyone wants to test this without playing with patches and CVS, I put
the Debian package (sarge) I built on the web:

http://www.deuxpi.ca/personnes/phil/tor-eventdns/

> Also, do email the list if you're testing this patch so there aren't
> too many (if any at all).

My node (deuxpi) will be running the patch from now. I will take a look
into the patch when I'll have some more time.

Just one question: is it recommended to turn debug logging on?

--
Philippe Gauthier <philippe.gauthier@xxxxxxxxx>