Wanted: Brave, hacker, exit node operator

It would be cool if someone could test some patches I have for doing
DNS lookups without fork() workers and using glibc. I'd need:
  * An exit node operator (because otherwise they don't do DNS lookups)
  * running Linux
  * who knows their way around patching CVS trees etc

The patch is at http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/tor-cvs-eventdns.agl.patch
and you need to drop the following two files into src/or/:
http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/eventdns.c
http://www.imperialviolet.org/binary/eventdns.h

The patch applies against the CVS tree at the moment. You need to
rerun autogen.sh afterwards and run ./configure --enable-eventdns.

Run with core limits off and when it crashes email me the bt full
output from gdb, then switch back to the unpatch binary which you'll
keep around until I figure out what when wrong ;)

(actually, from using tor-resolve lots it appears to work fine, but
I'm sure that it still has bugs in).

Also, do email the list if you're testing this patch so there aren't
too many (if any at all).

Cheers,

AGL

--