Greetings/Question - Was: RE: Have some consideration for users...

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:44:23 +0100
mbgsvq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> APAS? Not certain what that is but I'm willing to be enlightened. I've

Assuming Mark does not get your CC, APAS is Usenet newsgroup
alt.privacy.anon-server. There's a moderate bit of chatter there off and
on regarding tor. Also quite a bit of static. :(

By the way, hi group!

I've been using tor for a while. Recently moved across country and
treated myself to a fat cable connection for all my troubles. Was
considering donating a bit to the tor network, but I had a few problems
("bad card in a hub" according to some tech support critter), so I'm
waiting to be sure I'm stable. Which begs the question...

What IS the impact on the tor network if a node suddenly drops off the
face of the planet, or appears and disappears every half hour or so
for an 8 hour span? I'd assume since tor is "real time" the node is
simply routed around, correct? How fast are these things compensated
for?

I'd hate to throw up a node and cause more problems than I'm worth
if this "line noise" slash "bad card" thing persists. :(

--
Hand Crafted on Fri. Sep 02, 2005 at 20:47

Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.