Re: Tor overwhelms my router

Adam Langley wrote:
On 9/5/05, Alan Brause <abrause@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I finally had to shutdown my Tor server because my Linksys WCG200 NAT
broadband router can't keep up with Tor and 3 other clients on my LAN.
The router does not crash outright, but I lose DNS and pings become
unresponsive.

Linksys aren't known for their shoddy routers, so you might try
upgrading the firmware:

http://www1.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=579

But I don't know if the WCG series deserves the reputation of the WRT54G ones.

AGL

Thanks, Adam.
The only driver update available for this product is for Windows USB, there is no firmware update.

Alan