Re: AllowedUnverifiedNodes

On 9/9/05, ADB <firefox-gen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>      I guess the bottom line here is: Can plain old generic SSL be
> compressed, or is that functionality specific to the SSh toolset itself and
> not the SSL protocol proper?

Anything can be compressed, it's only a question of ratios. However,
anything encrypted should give a ratio > 1, so there's very little
point. So compression would have to happen before encryption (which is
what SSH does) and there would be some benefit in some cases. However,
it would also add increased load onto exit nodes, and they are already
pretty busy.

AGL

--
Adam Langley                                      agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx