Re: Suggestion for upcoming releases of TOR. (Hibernation)

Yes... of course I could consider the "accouting for everything" as a feature; but for me it is definitely not. :(
Running two TOR installations is a good idea for solving this problem but that also means that I'll have to update
them both everytime a new version comes out. Being a lazy sysop, that's the real problem for me. ;)

I'll think about it. Thanks for your reply.

Nevertheless I hope that my suggestion convinced one of the TOR developers to put the "independent accounting" (in the last row) on the wishlist. If not... it's ok for me too.

Have a nice day.

yours,
Patrick

or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb am 14.09.05 00:39:16:

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, patrick.stabler@xxxxxx wrote:
>
> > I'm running both a TOR Node and a TOR Hidden Service.
> > For limiting the bandwidth of the TOR Node I use the hibernation feature (AccountingStart day/AccountingMax).
> > I don't want any traffic limit for the Hidden Service.
>
> Then you should run two Tors, one for the router and one for your hidden
> service.  I think it's a feature that Accounting goes for everything
> summed up, be it router or hidden service.
>
> --
>  PGP signed and encrypted  |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
>     messages preferred.    | : :' :      The  universal
>                            | `. `'      Operating System
>  http://www.palfrader.org/ |   `-    http://www.debian.org/

Erweitern Sie FreeMail zu einem noch leistungsstärkeren E-Mail-Postfach!