Re: Wikipedia & Tor

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:11:49 -0400, Jimmy Wales wrote:
> David Benfell wrote:
> > On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:24:35 -0500, Arrakis Tor wrote:
> >
> >>end user -> tor cloud -> authentication server -> trusted user tor cloud
> >>-> wikipedia
> >>
> >>end user -> tor cloud -> authentication server -> untrusted user tor
> >>cloud -> no wikipedia
> >>
> >>Simple.
> >>

> > So they want us to do their authentication for them.  Wrong answer.
>
> No, we do our own authentication.  Please don't fail to listen.

If you do your own authentication, then you don't need us to do any
authentication.  If you do your own authentication, then you already
have means to block abusers.

Yet you ask us to compromise the anonymity which is the core purpose
of this project.

Your response here is inconsistent.

--
David Benfell, LCP