Re: Tor-compatible secure email systems

Just what exactly is insecure about being 100% vigilant about never
accessing any random (eg hotmail, gmail, yahoo mail) mail server with tor?

Well the main problem is in password recovery. Unfortunately most ...
well any website ... has not got best practise cryptographic techniques
for ensuring secure access. But without a backup email service, you are
kinda screwed.

Have a look at mixminion. I've not managed to figure it out. I don't
think of anonymity as being absolute. I personally don't think that
letting your real ip address to various places now and then absolutely
compromises you. The biggest problem of all comes from mail sending. You
can't send via smtp from tor, because tor does not permit port 25
traffic on exits, thanks to spam.

oh yes, i just want to back up my statement about anonymity of ip. i
have intermittently run a tor server. i'd love to see it proven at any
stage that it was me or some random fool who i let through on my open
proxy ;)