Re: Tor appliance

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any information about how to
do this, but the last two modem/routers I have used for my dsl
connection have both had linux software running them... I was just
reading today about the netcomm nb5, which is my current modem, it can
apparently have new software put on it and all sorts of neat things like
that. It'd be an interesting project to see happen, add a basic tor
client to the standard flash image of several common routers that this
could be done for.

The only problem I am thinking may crop up is that, as it appears right
now, my netcomm nb5 seems to be crashing after some amount of time
running really quite a minimal tor server on the network behind it. It's
happened three times now but I'm not sure what is causing it. I have
changed the 'throttle' to full out on my ISP, I think possibly giving
the modem more available bandwidth may fix the problem by unclogging the
buffers... I'll see I suppose... gonna be a bit annoyed if I can't run
tor through it... :(

Well, speak of the devil and he shall appear. Just as I am trying to
send this email the modem has gone dumb again. I wonder if turning off
QoS might help. In fact I'll just turn off everything unneccessary,
maybe that will free up some memory to give it stability... I'm doubtful
though.

Any suggestions on how to get the router to not go spaz while running
tor would be greatly appreciated