Re: Filtering traffic from your node - for exit points

On Mon, Sep 10, 2007 at 04:43:17PM -0700, torified00@xxxxxxxxx wrote 16K bytes in 169 lines about:
: Up to now I thought it was impossible to filter out what tor users do from our tor exit nodes. A little experimentation later I've found a way how to limit what users can or cannot do. Please do check if filtering content is legal according to the laws of your country. Personally I have decided that I'd rather be investigated because of filtering illegal materials than to be investigated because I was helping a criminal. Do whatever you wish with the information provided. You may not like the filtering - but every exitpoint operator can decide for himself what he wants to do.

I am not a lawyer, but I believe by doing this you're actually opening
yourself up to more liability than you'll ever correct.
https://tor.eff.org/eff/tor-legal-faq.html.en#ExitSnooping is
effectively what you're doing.

This topic has been visited, re-visited, and most recently,
re-re-visited.  http://archives.seul.org/or/talk/Mar-2007/msg00082.html
is the latest round of visits.

--
Andrew