(FWD) Does your Tor controller use "setrouterpurpose"?

FYI, for any Tor controller developers who aren't on or-dev.
--Roger

----- Forwarded message from Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> -----

From: Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx>
To: or-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Does your Tor controller use "setrouterpurpose"?
Delivery-Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:58:44 -0400

Hi folks,

Nick has been working on keeping track of descriptor purposes in the
on-disk descriptor cache. Long ago, we added a controller command
"setrouterpurpose" that lets you assign a new router purpose (e.g.
"general-purpose", "for the controller's use only", etc) to a given
descriptor. Around the same time, we also added a new option to the
"postdescriptor" controller command that let you specify PURPOSE=%s
at the same point that you tell Tor about a new descriptor.

For details, see Sec 3.12 and 3.14 of
https://tor.eff.org/svn/trunk/doc/spec/control-spec.txt

We plan to disable the "setrouterpurpose" command, because it makes
things really messy to then have two copies of the descriptor around
(one with the old purpose, one with the new), and we don't see any
critical uses for it.

If your controller relies on this feature, please let us know rsn!

--Roger

----- End forwarded message -----