Re: Ports 465/587 in exit policy (was Re: Update to default exit policy)

As someone involved heavily in IRC and the running of several IRC networks, I think the primary reason most networks use random blacklists for tor (there are several, some better than others in terms of operating properly) is the unusual format of the official dnsel (https://www.torproject.org/tordnsel/). Notably, with the software most people use for proxy scanning, getting the exact port used to connect is difficult or impossible, and sometimes the server IP is as well.

It might be beneficial to provide the DNSEL in a standard format (without the destination ip/port) as well, for situations where that distinction isn't feasible. This would at least be better than leaving that blacklisting to third parties who often don't understand quite what they're doing :P

- John Brooks