Re: invitation to directory server operators

     On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 07:39:39 +0200 Gitano <0xb8968b9e9190@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Scott Bennett wrote:
>
>> ## The following line enables hidden service directory mirroring.
>> HidServDirectoryV2 1
>>
>> (Or skip the comment line, and just add the second line, as you please.)
>> Then tell your tor server to reload its torrc file.  Within 24 - 25 hours
>> your server will begin operating as a tor hidden services directory server.
>> You probably won't even notice the difference in traffic loads on your tor
>> server.
>
>This entry doesn't work on my server (Picolo) even though the flag
>'Directory (v2)' is set. Are there any dependencies, for example minimum

     Why do you believe it doesn't work?

>bandwidth?

     Not that I am aware of.  There is, however, the requirement that your
server be up for at least 24 hours before the authorities will list a new
HSDir server with the HSDir flag set in the consensus and status documents.
If it hasn't been that long yet, please give it enough time.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG