Re: The best way to run a hidden service: one or two computers?

Hi,

Jacob Appelbaum wrote (24 Sep 2010 23:01:22 GMT) :
> Try the following by hand:
> sudo ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 # make this something
> believable

See some preliminary design thoughts [1] we've been having for T(A)ILS
to try and find an approach that makes your network interface appear
different from the one it really is, and at the same time prevents it
to appear real weird (a bit like the default User-Agent used by
Torbutton).

This has not been implemented yet in T(A)ILS yet, mainly due to
UI/integration issues that still need to be thought of and
discussed... as the rest of the linked page will show you.

  [1] https://amnesia.boum.org/todo/macchanger/#index4h1

Bye,
--
  intrigeri <intrigeri@xxxxxxxx>