[tor-talk] Hidden Services

I'm sure this has been asked on here before but:

Is it "possible" to basically brute force tor hidden services by simply
visiting every possible .onion address and then indexing the ones that are
active? Yes all 32^16 possibilities.. Is there possibly another way to do
this? Perhaps by contacting the public key hash database mentioned at:
https://www.torproject.org/docs/hidden-services.html.en
for instance?

I know for a fact that such an index would be completely unwanted but I'm
talking theoretically.

We'll see what types of responses we get.