[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]

[tor-talk] looking for (new?) technical term

One machine runs Tor and Tor offers SocksPort(s). It doesn't offer any
Trans- or DnsPorts. Another client machine runs a client software, such
as Tor Browser. Machine stands for a computer, either a virtual machine
or for or another machine. Both machines are connected through a private
(virtual) LAN.

The client machine can only access Tor's SocksPort(s). It can not
establish direct connections.

How could we call such a setup? It's clearly not a transparent proxy,
since proxying isn't done transparently. Using socks ip and port is

Would the term "behind an isolated proxy" or "behind an isolating proxy"
make sense? Or do you have better suggestions?
tor-talk mailing list