HTTP/1.1 403 Access is forbidden.
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 06:19:05 GMT
Expires: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 06:19:05 GMT
Cache-Control: private, max-age=0
Server: GSE
Alternate-Protocol: 80:quic
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

a3
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Access is forbidden.</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF" TEXT="#000000">
<H1>Access is forbidden.</H1>
<H2>Error 403</H2>
</BODY>
</HTML>

0

By the way, this is what government blocking looks like (different from
above):

charset=windows-1256"><title>M6-8
src="http://10.10.34.34?type=Invalid<http://10.10.34.34/?type=Invalid>
Site&policy=MainPolicy
" style="width: 100%; height: 100%" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0"
marginheight="0" frameborder="0" vspace="0"

I offered the people I knew at Google a shell, if there is any other Google
engineer that would be the proper person to connect with, feel free to put
them in touch.

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 7:59 AM, Nathan Freitas <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sherief Alaa <sheriefalaa.w@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >Over the past couple of days Iranian users have been complaining about
> >not
> >being able to download Orbot from Google's play store (error 403).
> >
> >To solve the problem we at help desk send the official direct download
> >link
> >that GP provides[0] but it's only a matter of time before that get
> >blocked
> >too.
> >
> >I think GP will need to provide more download options in the future to
> >avoid this problem.
> >
> >[0]: https://guardianproject.info/releases/orbot-latest.apk
>
> Just to point out something, it was only recently that Google Play was
> made available at all directly in Iran. The fact that users can find the
> app without filtering is a big step forward.
>
> We are working with Google and others to understand why the 403 error is
> happening, because the download should be using HTTPS.
>
> Otherwise, you can also find Orbot in the Amazon App Store and via
> f-droid.org.
>
> Thanks for the note.
>
> +n
>
> --