Re: [tor-talk] Tor users are not anonymous

Andreas Krey:
> On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 14:04:58 +0000, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't use TrueCrypt. Use open source tools (this includes the OS).
>
> Is there a connection between the two sentences? TrueCrypt is open source,
> so why wouldn't you use it?

Tails have an interesting position about TrueCrypt:
<https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/truecrypt/>

    Although TrueCrypt looks like free software, concerns over its
    licence prevent its inclusion in Debian. Truecrypt is also developed
    in a closed fashion, so while the source code is freely available,
    it may receive less review than might a comparable openly developed
    project.

See tc-play for an alternative implementation, though:
<https://github.com/bwalex/tc-play>

--
Lunar                                             <lunar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>