Re: [tor-talk] Tor users are not anonymous

Am Freitag 06 September 2013 schrieb Eugen Leitl:
> On Fri, Sep 06, 2013 at 08:00:21AM -0400, Nathan Suchy wrote:
> > If your so paranoid then encrypt your Tor Browser Bundle with TrueCrypt
>
> I wouldn't use TrueCrypt. Use open source tools (this includes the OS).

What is your concern when using Truecrypt? Some say the Truecrypt Project has courious licenses, incompatible with the "normal" OSS licenses. This might be a reason not using TrueCrypt. But I have not yet heard that using Truecrypt were a SECURITY risk. So what are the reasons one should not TrueCrypt except the license issues?

BTW: There was a newspaper article in germany some years ago, a police officier was interviewd regarding the "Bundestrojaner". He stated some islamic terrorists who tried blasting a railway have encrypted their hard drive. The german police tried to crack that hard drive but didnt succeed after 2 years. He said that tools like Truecrypt are such strong that there is need to install keylogger, gathering passwords.

So again, is TrueCrypt broken or not?

Thomas