Re: [tor-talk] Wired Story on Uncovering Users of Hidden Services.

krishna e bera <keb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Would it be better to have a separate firewall appliance to ensure the
>hidden service box cannot be as easily DDoS'd or exploited?

No, this can be done very effectively with software firewalls. Though some people are doing more with authenticated hidden services. Some people also divide server and tor processes in some interesting ways.

>>   - Don't run a hidden service host.
>
>I dont understand this one.  What is a hidden service operator if not
>someone who runs a hidden service host?

Don't run a hosting service for others to use. Several people have tried, with varying levels of fail. It's not a good idea. Best-case scenario, you spend a lot of time administrating and removing abusive/illegal content. Worst-case scenario, you're legally liable for the content others post.

~ Griffin
--
"Hackers are not rockstars. You know who are rockstars? ROCKSTARS."
~Dan Kaminsky