Re: [tor-talk] Comcast looking for Tor traffic, contacting customers to threaten termination of service.

Rick wrote:
Roger Dingledine wrote:
This article confuses me.

For example, it has this statement:
"Because Tor Browser provides online anonymity to its users, only the
ISP used along with it can ascertain what activity takes place on Tor."
which sure makes it sound like the author thinks that the local ISP
can learn what destinations you are visiting, which isn't (supposed to
be) true.

Circumstantial evidence at this point but I think this just might be
vendetta-fueled.

Without someone willing to go on the record or more details, I'm going to call bullshit on this entire blog post. I'm an avid Tor user that runs bridges and hidden services from home. And as a Comcast customer, I've never been contacted for this behavior.

As for PinkMeth, disgusting people do disgusting things all the time without using Tor. If I could burn that hidden service to the ground, I would, but that doesn't solve the underlying problem in our society.

~Griffin

--
"I believe that usability is a security concern; systems that do
not pay close attention to the human interaction factors involved