Re: [tor-talk] torsocks with mutt

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM, ÐÑÑÑÑ ÐÑÑÐÐÐÐ <art.istom@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> DEBUG torsocks[7646]: [getaddrinfo] Requesting 127.0.0.1 hostname (in tsocks_getaddrinfo() at getaddrinfo.c:44)
> DEBUG torsocks[7646]: [getaddrinfo] Requesting darkstar hostname (in tsocks_getaddrinfo() at getaddrinfo.c:44)

> Am I right that it is mutt's request for resolving $HOSTNAME (it is local machine's name)?
> (yes, I know
> about local machine's name also in mail's headers)?

Try patching this out of the Message-ID generation and other
relevant code, it's simple. File a bug with mutt to option out
all this stuff in their muttrc before 1.6 comes out.

> Are there any perils to request to resolve local machine's name

If that name being queried out the far end of tor bothers you, then yes.
Firefox always emits these upon startup, that's bad, I don't recall
when the lookup applies to mutt whether at startup or on particular
use requirement later.