[tor-talk] was router to relay. try torcloud ?e: (no subject)

hi
rene

have you considered the torcloud option?  at least for bridge relay?
i'm glad i stumbled into this version of tor.
https://cloud.torproject.org/

it's inexpensive. the first year is up to $3 USD per month using the amazon free cloud account.    tor limits the bandwidth so people like me can afford the network fees.

it's a beautiful addition to tor's relay challenge last year.

i have created 2 account with the same credit card and both qualified as free accounts.  { !!!!! }
_thanks again Robert.  great tip !_

until i build a dedicated machine to house tor at home i decided to try torcloud.
it actually has some advantages over running tor at home.  one of them network consistency which greatly helps the tor network.

EG my ISPs backbone provider has had many outages over this summer and into the fall (bell canada toronto-montreal corridor)
quite bad.

it takes more than a week for a tor node to become fully integrated into the tor network so every outage creates another long delay to being useful to tor.

i am running 2 torcloud nodes now so i can take my time building the tor machine at home.

i will likely run both torcloud and a home tor box in the end.