Re: [tor-talk] Fwd: IP Banned for running a non-exit relay from home?

On 9/30/2014 2:26 AM, Virgil Griffith wrote:
> Perhaps weirdly, this fellow does seem to know what he is doing.
>
> On page, https://www.dan.me.uk/dnsbl
>
> He explicitly offers a different list for blocking just exits.  The
> only thing I can think of is to email a request that he block just
> exists instead of overblocking all Tor nodes.
>
> -V

 I sent a polite email to this individual several months ago regarding
this exact issue.  The email was ignored.  The following was sent the
email address listed on his site (me AT dan DOT me DOT uk):

> Dear Daniel,
>
> I noticed that your site blocks non-exit tor relays -- for example, my
> own IP of 107.197.196.79.  As a fellow admin, I respect your right to
> block anything you want.  However, I kindly request that you limit your
> block to only exit relays.  There are may people around the world who
> run middle relays from home, and it seems to serve no purpose to punish
> them for trying to help other people
>
> Along those lines, if you would consider adding some warning or
> explanation to the .tor.dan.me.uk blacklist (or even mentioning that it
> shouldn't be used as a blacklist), it would be much appreciated.
> Well-intentioned users around the world are being blocked from various
> forums, retail sites, and government websites, despite never having
> broken any rules.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>

> Sincerely,
>
> Michael Wolf

Perhaps enough similar emails will persuade him?  Or perhaps he
/dev/null's anything with "tor" in it?

-- Mike