Re: [tor-talk] New mailing list: tor-teachers

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 11:41 PM, Alison Macrina <macrina@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing to invite folks to a new Tor mailing list: tor-teachers.
> This list is for all the awesome people around the world who are
> teaching Tor to their communities, who want to work collectively with
> other teachers of Tor to support each other, build community, and make
> our work even better.
>
> Here's what this new list is for:
>
> 1. Discussion and info sharing around Tor teaching/training events (who
> we're teaching, when, where)
> 2. Curriculum development, standardization, organization, and
> translation into different languages
> 3. Sharing strategies for teaching different kinds of groups and
> individuals, including visionary stuff (ideology of Tor) with practical
> stuff (how to use the darn thing), and problem solving
> 4. Warm fuzzy success stories from our trainings
> 5. Community building: encouraging and connecting all the lovely people
> educating others about Tor
>
> The goal of this list is to grow the set of people around the world who
> are comfortable, empowered, and prepared to speak to others about Tor,
> and create and run a common communication channel for this outreach
> community.
>
> mrphs (nima@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) and I are the administrators of this list.
> Please join us by signing up here:
>
> See you on the list!

This sounds awesome, Alison, and thanks for organizing it!  (And
thanks to Nima too!)

Could there be some mechanism for reporting highlights from this list
to the wider world, whether via this list, Tor Weekly News, or some
other means?

Also, please never hesitate to file usability/teachability bugs
against Tor.  Let's have the easiest software on earth.

cheers,

--
Nick