Re: [tor-talk] How do i check the archives?

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 6:09 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's a tarball I just made from the seul.org archives:
> http://seul.org/~arma/tor-talk-20160920.tar.gz
> (It's 61MB compressed.)

Cool. Though I meant it in general for all the tor lists.
I think mailman may provide such options, or at
least filesystem access to the raw files.
For example, the cypherpunks list provides it at least
daily via crontab.

> usable by whatever the cool kids use these days.

Thunderbird, neomutt.

> I wonder if longer-term the answer is that one of those more thoroughly
> maintained mail archive websites should be doing this.

Not really. After all, they can't seed their archives
without a proper seed. So the right place to do this
is in mailman with the option turned on by default
as shipped. That way every list on the planet has
them unless the admin explicitly turned it off for
a private list. Then yes, other search and index
entities could offer them at that point.