Re: [tor-talk] Tor and Google error / CAPTCHAs.

On 09/27/2016 01:39 AM, Alec Muffett wrote:
> On 27 September 2016 at 06:42, grarpamp <grarpamp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<SNIP>

>> So sorry... when I search 'keyboard controllers' and get
>> captcha'd, so far I'm thinking, "really?, such low tolerance?,
>> you're full of shit".
>>

> I understand that perspective, but again that's looking at the "tail
> wagging the dog".
>
> In such circumstances they are not actually looking at you / what you are
> searching for. They are looking at the behaviour of all traffic, of
> everyone and everything else which emanates from that exit node.

Are they even doing that? It's my impression that they're just looking
up the IP address in some list that includes all Tor exit relays. But
yes, I get how that's arguably enough, in that all Tor exits will on
average look alike.

I can't imagine any resolution to this. Anonymity is Tor's key goal.
There are jerks who need anonymity. And there are providers who want to
exclude jerks. If you want Tor's "anonymity", and you want to evade
discrimination against Tor users, you need to avoid identification as a
Tor user. What else?

<SNIP>