Re: [tor-talk] Tor users in US up by nearly 100,000 this month

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 08:08:30PM -0700, Seth David Schoen wrote:
> I'd be happy to ask CloudFlare if they'd be willing to share this data
> (maybe in relative rather than absolute numeric terms, like "the number
> of people successfully completing a CAPTCHA per day from a Tor exit
> node on September 1, 2017 is x% of what it was on January 1, 2016").

If you're thinking in that direction, I would suggest asking Akamai
instead. The question is "how many people are connecting from known Tor
IP addresses to your sites?"

Asking Cloudflare how many people are deciding to solve their captchas
today is measuring a different thing -- if I try to load a news article,
see a cloudflare captcha, and say "aw, fuck cloudflare, oh well" and
move on, am I a bot?

--Roger