Re: [tor-talk] Is there any societal use in Bitcoin?

I think that you are mostly right except that it's not uninteresting at
all for normal people to evade the banks dictatorship, delays and fees
(what are you buying with this? what for? wiretransfer will take one
week + absurd taxes not even knowing where it's coming from, etc, etc)
and except that an interesting part of bitcoin-like networks are
contracts, now how can normal people set contracts remains very
mysterious and does not appear to be a priority, as well as what kind of
contracts can be set finally, I was thinking to create some specific
contracts but this is not possible (at least with btc)

For the part you describe you are even too nice, the blockchain
networks, as they are today, are everything but decentralized, even
smaller than the centralized Tor network, it's funny too see how the
community thinks necessary each time they mention those networks to say
"the P2P network", they are not P2P networks at all, with some
exaggeration we could say that they are just networks controlled by a
dozen of miners and a dozen of devs, the ensemble being surrounded by
many conflicts of interest, until the full nodes can really be
decentralized, which is certainly not the current trend

And they are wasteful, maybe a good combination would be to create a new
proof of something that would use the existing resources (disk space,
cpu, etc on existing machins for example) in order to motivate people to
host the blockchain or part of it (among others) instead of accumulating
new hw and energy to mine with rewards and fees only going to miners,
unfortunately a very few care about this kind of proposals

--
Zcash wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/zcash-wallets
Bitcoin wallets made simple: https://github.com/Ayms/bitcoin-wallets