Re: random thoughts

On 10 Apr 1998, Karsten Thygesen wrote:

> WareWolf> Do we already have a new homepage and/or ftp space? If yes -
> WareWolf> what's the URL?
>
> I'm not the right one to answer this, but have a look at
> http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay

Great!  Glad to see we have recovered in style!

> WareWolf> BTW: Does the "sunsite" in the server name stand for
> WareWolf> gigantic bandwidth, almost unlimited space and wonderful
> WareWolf> stability?? ;)
>
> Bandwidth: 34Mbit - soon to be upgraded to 155Mbit
>
> Space limit: practical unlimited
>
> Stability: we hope it's quite stable :-) We are 25 people in the staff
> group to keep the SunSITE running, but none of us is getting payed for
> this job, so do not expect 24 hours support - 23 is more like it :-)

Hmmm... this beats tychonic.antioch-college.edu by just a _little_ :)

> Btw - I'm not involved in the Penguinplay project, but I'm one of the
> SunSITE managers.
>
> Karsten.

Thanks for the info and the hosting!

Now that I know where the web pages are again, who is keeping them up to
date? I just noticed that the mailing list info is still pointing to
penguinplay.ml.org.  Also, any idea when the team lists will be back up?

---
Joshua W. H. Steiner - jsteiner@antioch-college.edu - http://joschi.base.org

Cheap, Fast, Good--pick two.