Re: Alpha blit question

I would say that you would want to support both because both will
be supported in upcoming hardware.  Looking at the PC industry,
which is a good baseline IMO, cards in 1998/1999 timeframe will
support both channeled alpha blits (alpha per pixel) and uniform
alpha blits (one alpha component per surface) because Microsoft
will be sticking this in DirectDraw and GDI2k.  Also, there are
times when you want to use perpixel and there are times when you
want to use persurface alpha even if it is harder/slower in
software.  You may also want to think about whether you need to
do anything special to "support" premultiplied alpha *and* non-
premultiplied alpha.

Word,
Paul