Re: more time, 0.1.2 released

Peter Burns wrote:
>>Nothing I say to you is meant offensive, but much may be written in a hurry.

>None taken. I haven't made any changes to PenguinSound for a while so
>I've been a little quiet.

Ok.

>I bought UnrealTournament and downloaded the source but it seems a little slow.
>I had a look at
>the code. The audio mixer code looked horrible, so I made some changes and tried
>to submit a patch for it.

*grin*

>I would like to add the ability to stream samples from disk or from the network
>to PenguinSound.

What do you think - should we open a new "0.2" branch for these greater
changes and try to make 0.1 as stable as possible or should we just code on
in 0.1?

Another thing: I'm hunting down warnings a bit, and ...
(1) I fixed the "member initializers will be reordered" one in Sample.h
    (just swapping a few lines)
(2) The PSound Makefile.am messes with the compiler flags, overriding
things set by the user (predefined CXXFLAGS) and configure (optimization,
no debugging for release builds):

----------
DEF_FLAGS            =  -DNO_MIXER_THREAD
DEBUG_FLAGS          = -g $(DEF_FLAGS)
# PenguinSound includes, PenguinPlay includes
CXXFLAGS             = -D_REENTRANT $(PROFILE_FLAGS) $(DEBUG_FLAGS)
----------

What about changing that to simply:

CXXFLAGS = $(CXXFLAGS) -D_REENTRANT -DNO_MIXER_THREAD

?

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger