I need more Time

I'm a bit frustrated.
Well, not just a bit...

Yesterday I uploaded the LGDC website, hoping that things would get a bit
easier now that the "has-to-be-done-NOW" stuff is done.

Today I got a mail from Paul, the LGDC webmaster. He resigns.

In two weeks the holidays are over.

That's a few days after that big exam.

I'm doing four jobs in the free software world now:
* PPlay admin/website
* LGDC admin/website
* PPlay coding
* LGDC coding (the website's PHP code - about 150k, with quite some stuff
  still missing)

Each of those requires my full attention to be done properly.

This means I will have to give up most of them. I realized this when I
looked again at PPlay after all the time of LGDC work. PPlay suddenly felt
somehow "alien". I noticed that I hadn't spent more than a few brief
thoughts on it for the past weeks.
It can't continue that way.

I'll stick with LGDC admin for some more time - now that the new website is
up it's possible that someone will come along who's willing to spend enough
time on it, who's willing to take over much, if not most, of the work. I'll
restrict my improvements to its PHP code to the bare minimum though.
That's at least a start.

Concerning PPlay, well, that's a difficult matter.
Interest in the project hasn't risen after the release, so it's highly
unlikely that someone will come along who's willing to spend enough time on
it to take over some of the work (Jan, I think I understand you now).
PSound development has even slowed down, it seems.
*Sigh*
I more and more think that taking the code and joining some other project
with it would be the best way. PenguinPlay as such would die, but if you
think about it it already died long ago.
It's sad. I don't like doing this at all, heck, I hate writing this mail.
But I don't see another way.
Fsck!

	Christian
--
Christian Reiniger
Coordinator/Coder, PenguinPlay (http://sunsite.auc.dk/penguinplay/)

Windows IS NOT a virus...viruses do something.